The Crossway is the building adjacent to St Stephen’s. There are three rooms available to hire for private or commercial events and functions. We do not hire out rooms on Sunday mornings.
The Oak Room
The Oak Room is the largest room in the Crossway, located on the upper floor. It is light and airy, with a wooden floor. The Oak Room can be divided into two smaller rooms if required. These can also be hired individually except at weekends when only the full room is available. Due to planning restrictions, the Oak room is not available for evening parties/functions with live music or amplified sound.
- Room dimensions: 15m x 8.5m
- Capacity: Numbers allowed in the room will be dependent on the type of function. Please contact the church office to discuss.
- Facilities: basic kitchen, lift access
- Cost: £35 for the first hour and £25 for each subsequent hour
The kitchen is equipped with a large fridge, two kettles, a small microwave and ample workspace. It has a serving hatch that opens directly to the Oak Room.
The Maple Room
The Maple Room is a linoleum-floored room popular for children’s parties and activities.
- Room dimensions: 6.5m x 8.48m
- Capacity: approx. 30 seated
- Facilities: Child sized chairs and tables, flexible seating, general facilities
- Cost: £25 for the first hour, £15 for each subsequent hour
The Chestnut Room
The Chestnut Room is a smaller, carpeted room. It is popular for smaller meetings and workshops.
- Room dimensions: 6.5m x 4m
- Capacity: approx. 20 seated
- Facilities: 3 x 2-Seater sofas, 1 arm chair, flexible seating, general facilities
- Cost: £20 for the first hour, £12 for each subsequent hour.
The Crossway has a foyer with facilities for tea-making and washing up. Other general facilities include: chairs and trestle tables, toilets on both floors, a disabled toilet on ground floor and a lift between floors.
We offer a discretionary 10% discount for charities and block bookings.