The Crossway is the building adjacent to St Stephen's. There are three rooms available to hire for private or commercial events and functions.
The Oak Room
The Oak Room is the largest room in the Crossway, located on the upper floor. It is light and airy, with a wooden floor and a balcony overlooking the garden. The Oak Room can be divided into two smaller rooms if required. These can also be hired individually except at weekends when only the full room is available.
- Room dimensions: 15m x 8.5m
- Capacity: 90 people seated, up to 180 standing
- Facilities: kitchen, PA system (weekdays 9am-5pm only), lift access
The kitchen is well equipped with a large cooker, fridge, dishwasher and ample work space. It has a serving hatch that opens directly onto the Oak Room. The cost of hiring the kitchen as part of your Oak Room booking is £10 per hour.
The Maple Room
The Maple Room is a linoleum-floored room with doors leading out onto the garden. It is popular for children's parties and activities. The Maple Room can be divided into two smaller rooms. Hire of the room includes the use of the garden.
- Room dimensions: 6.5m x 8.48m
- Capacity: approx 30 seated
- Facilities: flexible seating, garden, general facilities
The Chestnut Room
The Chestnut Room is a smaller, carpeted room. It is popular for smaller meetings and workshops.
- Room dimensions: 6.5m x 4m
- Capacity: approx 20 seated
- Facilities: flexible seating, general facilities
The Crossway has a foyer with facilities for tea-making and washing up. Other general facilities include: chairs and tables, toilets on both floors, a disabled toilet and a lift between floors.
|First Hour||Subsequent Hours|
|Full Oak Room||£35||£25|
|Half Oak Room||£25||£15|
|Oak Room Kitchen||£10||£10|
|Foyer||No charge||No charge|